Dance in Rhythm – Rhythm in Dance is a way to connect with Rhythm through movement, dance and drumming. It is a path of awareness to be with oneself a rhythmical being, acknowledging the powers rhythm has to offer. In DiRRiD we listen to the heartbeat inside and out.
Rhythm is life.
Being in rhythm connects us all, and reawakens our inner resources for living. In DiRRiD we study ways to share simple rhythm steps and develop them into complex layers of rhythm that enter our nervous system. It builds the ability to understand and express rhythm through the body, the drum, through voice, and with small percussion instruments. It takes fears away, and teaches how to transfer emotions like anger and sadness into the creative energy of being in rhythm with your whole body and the drum.
In DiRRiD everybody is part of movement journeys through landscapes of rhythm and dance.
Dance in Rhythm - Rhythm in Dance:
- relates to the body as a source for healing, with movement as good medicine
- has a calming, relaxing, and centering effect on body, mind and spirit
- is deeply grounding
- builds confidence and rhythmical consciousness
- opens up your voice
- introduces TaKeTiNa as the basic rhythmical approach
- teaches playing the mother drum in a gentle way with the whole body
- teaches through simple movements, steps, clapping and singing
- teaches the freedom of performing independent movements simultaneously
- is both simple and challenging
- builds flexibility and strength in a careful way
- provides a safe field for personal expression
- is an oasis to charge your life with rhythm
- is physical spirituality
For information about classes and individual sessions and to be put on our email list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org